Twin Cities Portuguese Language Group

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bici = bike, bicicleta = bicycle

Would this be real blog if I didn't link to other blogs?

Luis, an avid bicycle rider in Porto Alegre, keeps a blog called BiciBrasil about his travels around Rio Grande do Sul. His recent entries are provided in both Portuguese and English. He's not a native speaker and his Portuguese isn't always perfect, but he does tell good stories. Almost every post uses a few words that I don't know.

My favorite entry describes a trip that I'd love to take. He travels the full length of the Lagoa dos Patos to Pelotas. You'll find that in his March 10, 2005 entry (the second entry in the March archive). I hope it inspires someone from the Twin Cities to join me in a bicycle trip through southern Brazil.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, May 25, 2006, Blogger Vanglet said…

    Hi,

    I have cycled with Luis here in southern Brazil. He is a great partner of strolls and trips. He also inspirated me to make a blog. It is www.perpedalando.blogspot.com where I have tried translate the portuguese language to english language. Some words are really dificult to translate. Specially typical words from our folklore in Rio Grande do Sul state.

    Thanks,

    Joseph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home